I’m so excited and honored that Rachel who blogs at “Do I Look Sick” chose me as the recipient of the Lovely Blog Award! I originally met Rachel on WEGO’s weekly twitter chat a few weeks ago. I mentioned something about Color Guard and instantly we were friends. That’s now two people who suffer from chronic illnesses who were once in Color Guard that I met in under two months. CRAZY!!! BUT SO MUCH FUN! Thank you so much Rachel!! I’m truly honored.
Upon receipt of the One Lovely Blog Award, one is to:
Thank the person who nominated you and link to them in your post.
Share seven unknown things about yourself.
Nominate other bloggers and blogs that you like or admire – 15 or so if possible.
Contact the bloggers you nominate to let them know and to link them back to your post.
So here we go, 7 Random Facts about myself that are pretty unknown:
- I have yet to watch the movie ET. He scared the crap out of me as a kid and I’m still trying to develop enough courage to watch the movie.
- I’ve never done a cartwheel – in my life!
- Mr. P does all the laundry, the cooking, and a majority of the cleaning in our house. I’m very fortunate that this is SO true.
- I have a daily reminder on my iPhone to put lipstick on in the middle of the day.
- I lost all of my baby teeth by the age of 10.
- At work, I have a wall dedicated to quotes that have significant meaning to me. I look to it for inspiration, motivation, and encouragement. I write these quotes on post-it notes and tape them up.
- When my cat Orion was a kitten, I taught her to follow me. She still does to this day and meows a happy tune every time.
Now, onto the nomination. I decided to stick with my lucky number – 11.
- The Pursuit of Hippieness – a blog I’ve been following for a little while now. I came across it from a Pin and I just love her. Her vegan recipes are really good!
- Help Duchess – A blog about a four year old Springer Spaniel whom my friends are fostering. Unfortunately, she needs major hip surgery before she can be adopted, so my friends are raising $$$ so she can have this surgery and go to a loving family.
- Apples for a Cure – to my friend Jenna who is personally painting, posting and giving away an original blue spondylitis or arthritis apple or any of the diseases that BLUE as their awareness color for the month of October!
- Persist Without Exception – came across her blog in a Facebook group I belong too and LOVED reading about her story.
- Russet Street Reno – a blog I’ve been following for a long time. I’ve enjoyed reading about her wedding plans, her Renovation ideas, and of course, her new bundle of joy! I was shocked when she wrote on my blog a few weeks ago. SHOCKED but honored.
- Sweet Verbena – I love her tutorials!! Its because of her tutorial on “How to Make Your Own Pattern” that sparked my Halloween Costume idea.
- Live Art.fully – is one of my favorite AS blogs I read. Jennifer’s ability to have AS and raise two daughters inspire me, but I absolutely adore her art work.
- WEGO Health Blog – A great perspective on different diseases. I refer to it often.
- Felicia Fibro – originally met her on Twitter and then I quickly learned she is a fellow Arthritis Foundation volunteer (in a different state) like me! But now, her blog is one of the most valuable resources for me, especially since my mom was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia almost a year ago.
- The Bookness – she’s from Norway, who recently had a long distance relationship with her Fiancé who lived in Turkey. I can relate to her blog because I did the long distance relationship thing. I’m happy to see it recently approved! Oh ya, I just LOVE her photos. If she lived in Colorado, I’d totally hire her to do some family photos.
- Fash Boulevard – she’s AMAZING! I look to her for fashion inspiration, blog motivation, and just pure fun.
Enjoy poking around these fun blogs! Nominations are well deserved!