There’s something so grand about pumpkin. Especially this time of year. I want it in EVERYTHING, but I don’t want the processed stuff or the high calorie stuff (hello PSL alert!). So, what’s a girl to do? Create her own Pumpkin Pie Spice from the items she has in her kitchen.
Inspired by AllRecipes.com. Makes at least 8 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
Directions: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in air tight container.
Like I said, I’ve been putting this in everything. Starting with my morning coffee, pancakes, eggs, and even my green smoothie. Let’s not forget my favorite and famous cupcake recipe – From scratch: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream!
How do you incorporate pumpkin into your fall recipes?
PS – I cannot thank you enough for your support and feedback regarding content. The planner in me is super excited and started to put together a calendar with action items and I have you to thank for!
Well, I had absolutely no intention of ignoring this blog this week. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t have any blog posts prepared and host a house party instead. HA HA! Now that awkwardness is over with, let’s celebrate with my awesome recipe for Homemade Pink Lemonade Cupcakes!!
I made these to celebrate my 30th birthday and in STYLE! We finally had people over at our house, broke in the new porch and I shared these cupcakes! Although they were a little more dense than I prefer, I still enjoyed them and so did my guests!
Now you can too! I thought it would be perfect timing if you’re looking for that last minute, spectacular item to bring to your Memorial Day BBQ that you completely forgot about. Ya, Memorial Day is this weekend and I can’t believe it!
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c. coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pink lemonade concentrate, (you can make your own homemade version and recipe here!)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1-2 drops of Red food coloring (optional…I did not!)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the sugar, oil, eggs, your homemade pink lemonade concentrate and the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the flour mixture about 1/2 at a time, as you mix in between. Ensure this is thoroughly mixed before adding in your buttermilk.
- Mix in the buttermilk, but do not over mix.
- Add a drop or two of your food coloring until you get the color you are looking for. For a really soft pink, add only 2 drops. Again, I did not do this because of fake color!
- Spoon the batter into paper baking cups in a cupcake pan about ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting!
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese (not fat free)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract with a mixer. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Zest 4 large lemons (hint: use the lemon peel from the Pink Lemonade recipe to not create more waste!). Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Top each cupcake with 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese, then top each with 1 tsp lemon zest.