Well, the New Year is fast approaching us, which usually means New Years Resolutions!! I’m a big believer in setting goals. I do it for everything!!! This year, I’m actually sharing them. I don’t usually like doing this as I feel that mine are pretty weird, but here goes nothing. Just so you know, I’ve included my logic behind each choice – because who (in their right mind!) puts ‘try a detox’ on their list, and then puts it as #1?? ME, OF COURSE!! 😉
1. Try a Detox: I’ve always been petrified of doing a detox. I have this idea in my brain that my Remicade medication will disappear from my body. However, I think it would be a good idea to do a detox sooner, rather than later, especially after all of the heavy holiday food I’ve had!!
2. Go to bed early. More like 10:30pm not 11:30pm! The last few months I’ve gone to bed around 11:30pm and then I get up at 6:30am. I usually function better when I get anywhere from 8 to 10 hours of sleep!! I need to go to bed early!
3. Eat less chocolate. I think I overloaded on chocolate this Holiday Season. I think to the point where I’m actually sick of tasting it. Might as well make it official and stop eating it so much!
4. Return back to my healthy eating habits. With the hip thing, the foot thing, and the holiday thing, I’ve been lazy about my healthy eating choices. I haven’t been getting my regular 5 fruit/veggie servings in before dinner. I felt better when I did, so this is very important to me!
5. Go to Zumba. The obsession I’ve had over Zumba hasn’t stopped, just my gym membership. BUT, that all changed on Christmas!! EEEE!! 🙂
6. Then, increase Zumba to 3 times a week. Start off slow and work myself back up! Especially with the hip thing, the foot thing, and then getting sick over Christmas. Oh ya, you didn’t know? Yup, I was snarffy on Christmas Eve and sniffily on Christmas Day. I was a real joy to be around. Now I’m better and on antibiotics because my cold turned into a sinus infection. Always does; damn Remicade. Anyway, Zumba 3 times a week!
7. Add Yoga to my schedule and go at least 2 times a week. I miss Yoga!! I think this coincide with my Zumba quite well. Don’t you?
8. Get a new haircut and style. I’ve wanted to do this for a while, but its official since I have an appointment. I have an idea of having full bangs with face framing layers. Bangs not as thick as Zooey Deschanel from the new hit TV show, New Girl (obsessed with that show!!), but more like Alexis Bledel hairstyle from the show Gilmore Girls (how I miss that show). For a picture and clearer understanding, click here! Let me know what you think of this idea in the comments!
9. Wear my new contacts often! Part of my Christmas gift was new contacts. Not just any contacts, new daily contacts!! The Ophthalmologist suggested I switch to the daily brand since the monthly ones were quite literally being worn once a month (not the point of those type of contacts!), as well as the fact that my Uveitis, also known as, Iritis, inflamed after every re-wear. Talk about a major expense, a major issue when I got an infection (which was a lot), and a major UGH!! So, onto wearing a new pair every time! I’ve missed wearing my contacts!! Not that wearing glasses has been a bad thing, but when I wear my contacts, I have more fun with my eye makeup (and I have a lot of it!). Its a strange concept, but its what makes me happy. Now, I don’t plan on wearing my contacts on a daily basis, but at least I have the option too. 🙂
10. Try new recipes and blog about them. I’m currently working with one of my blogger friends, Carrie, at eating more healthy. We’re blog buddies, twitter buddies, and now Facebook buddies! We both wanted to do this, so we’re now health buddies. The idea behind this is to try 1 new healthy recipe each week. I can’t wait. So, I decided to share all the wonderful ideas with you! If you have any recipe suggestions, let me know!!
11. Try a new hair updo twice a month. I suck at updo’s. The only thing I can really do with updo’s is ponytail, bun, and most recently, this fancy bun. That’s truly it! I can’t even pull my hair back and secure with bobby pins. I can braid; but it looks like crap. LAME-O! Anyway, I’ve always been afraid of doing updo’s because I think my ears look funny, but I need to get over that!! Also, to further clarify, updo’s can be anything from twisting my hair, putting it in a side pony, etc. It doesn’t always have to be up! Just something other than what I’m doing!!
12. Hem the dress that’s been sitting in my closet for 2 years! I’ve always been afraid of touching this particular dress. It’s a beautiful light gray, wrap style dress, but goes to my mid-calf. I LOOK LIKE AN OLD MAID!! Not good when you’re only 5’2 and 27. So, I need to get over the fact that it’s a delicate fabric and just HEM IT!
13. Find skirts at the thrift store and fix them to my style! I really don’t want to buy any new clothes this coming year. Of course, I most likely will, but I want to try the thrift store first, then move onto department stores.
14. Find a dress at a thrift store and fix it to my style! This coincides with #13. I’ve been really lucky at finding skirts that fit about right, but never a dress. I want to take my sewing skills to a new level! I also don’t own a little black dress (LBD), so I’m on the hunt!
15. Wear more dresses. Again, coincides with #14. I’m really falling in love with dresses. We all know they work in the Spring and Summer, but did you know they work great in the Fall and Winter too?? Just add some tights and boots! Or a cardigan! Or a shirt underneath. I want my clothes to go further, longer, and dresses will help me get there!
16. Finish the KITCHEN, for Peachy sake!! 😉 Enough said. Seriously!
17. Organize the office. Mr. P and I have been organizing this damn office since we moved in. OVER 5 YEARS AGO!! Its never been done. I want to be done. I want to move on. I want it to STAY organized.
18. Put up more pictures around the house. The living room, dining room, and hallways are the only places where pictures are hung. I have pictures for every single room (including my bathroom, and yes, the Kitchen!) so there should be no excuse!
19. Finish the credenza (woaps!). Remember this credenza from my birthday? Umm ya, WOAPS is right.
20. Raise at least $1500 for the Arthritis Walk. This was my goal in 2011 and I didn’t quite make it. 2012 is my last year as Event Chair for the Arthritis Committee in Denver and I want to leave the position with a BANG in fundraising! I would love to reach that goal, and then surpass it! I’d love it if you’d consider helping me!!
21. Add sponsorship to the blog. This is something I’ve thought about for a long time. To add or not add, that is the question. IF (and that’s a big IF!) I did receive sponsorship, what would the money be used for?? And, I’ve finally decided. The money received from this blog would go towards the Arthritis Foundation signature event – The Arthritis Walk! PERFECT, right?! Yup! Help out a great cause, near and dear to my heart!! I’m still ironing out the details, so look out for a post!
22. Wear more lipstick. The last few months or so I’ve been wearing lipstick randomly here and there. I like the way it makes me look. A friend told me that I should wear it more often because apparently I have the face for it. Not sure what that means, but I love looking at photos of my grandmother wearing lipstick. She just looks so elegant. I’ll be 28 in May, so might as well start looking like it! Plus, I think it would look nice with my new hair style and all the DRESSES I will be owning (HA HA!). What do you think? Any lipstick advice? Any brands you prefer?
23. Go on a vacation. Its been a long time coming. I think its written in the marriage rule book that once you hit the 5 year mark you MUST go on vacation. I’d love for that to happen. Just as long as the Tsunami Catastrophes in the Peachy household stay at bay for a while, it could happen!
24. Complete at least 5 craft projects off of my Pinterest account. I’m addicted. I’m not quite sure who isn’t addicted but that’s for someone else to write about. One of my boards called Craft It Up, has 144 pins. That’s 144 ideas to craft, and I’ve completed 2. Yup, time to give those crafts a shot!
25. Get a new smartphone – I’m thinking an iPhone! This is a long time coming. My current phone is a P.O.S. and I’m not kidding either. The back cover is held on by a piece of scotch tape. I’ve had it for over 2 years, its slow, its not connecting to twitter anymore, and that’s not all!! My texts are being delayed; not just by a few minutes, but by a FEW DAYS!! So, why an iPhone? Well first off, all of the Android phones are WAY too big to fit in my hands. I played with a lot of phones over the holiday weekend and I couldn’t even wrap my hand around any of the Android phones. Seriously, WHATS THE POINT?! Plus, iPhone has an app I’m dying to try – Instagram. I think I just saw hearts float over my head because I am in love!! Another plus – my friend who will be moving soon just got an iPhone so we can do the Facetime Video Call, and I will be able to do so with my brother too. Is it 2012 yet, because that’s when I can order mine!!
26. Take more photos! Seriously, when I get my iPhone, it comes with an 8 megapixel camera. It’s better than my digital camera that I have!! I will no longer need to remember my camera. SIGN ME UP!! Plus, with these little photo add-on lens, how can you go wrong!!
27. Write about all of it. With all of these resolutions, I know I will just have to share and what better place than here? Thanks for making 2011 so memorable, fantastic, and just FUN! Onwards and upwards to 2012!
Phew! I think that is it. And, just so you know, these are not in any order. These are things that I’ve been thinking of doing or wanting to do somewhere between the last 12 hours to the last few years. See, I told you I’m obsessed with goals, lists, and anything with organization. O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D.
HA HA HA! I just realized that this list is my 27 before 28, except I don’t think I can get all of these done before May. HA HA HA!! 27 before 2013 should do the trick.
Anyway, what are your goals for 2012? Do you have an accountability buddy? Do you have something you want to accomplish? DO SHARE!! Let’s make 2012 the best, yet!!
If you’re a newbie here, welcome!