This recipe came from the back of a box on DeBoles Pasta. 🙂 I was really skeptical to try spinach fettuccine, but gave it a shot. I do have to say, I LOVE IT!! Probably one of my new favorites.
The recipe is technically called Fettuccine with Broccoli Rabe, Garlic and Olive Oil, but I of course, changed it! Broccoli makes me bloated (to much information?!?!) and I didn’t have any, so I used a frozen mixed veggies and added in, yup, Jalapeño Pepper. 🙂 Enjoy!
Spinach Fettuccine with Mixed Veggies, Garlic, and Olive Oil
- 8 oz package of DeBoles Spinach Fettuccine Pasta
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of hot red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeño pepper (same length as this recipe)
- 1 frozen package of mixed veggie, thawed
- ½ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- While waiting, slice jalapeño pepper, remove seeds, and dice. Add to skillet.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add defrosted package of mixed veggies
- Add ½ cup of cooking water and cover. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixed veggies are tender.
- Add an additional 1/4 cup of the EVOO. Add drained pasta, toss to coat evenly, cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- Divide pasta between four bowls. Sprinkle generously with cheese and serve immediately.
That’s it!! SO EASY!! I think this takes a new turn on eating comfort food, don’t you? AND by the way, we didn’t have any leftovers!
So, what ingredient do you want to see next week?
If you’re a newbie here, welcome!