Hi Everybody!! Today, I’m really excited to share this cute little tutorial!! Last night I co-hosted a baby shower with some fabulous co-workers of mine. It was a huge hit!!
While researching snacks and desserts on Pinterest, I came across an adorable idea!! Chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick, or as I call them, thanks to this pin found on LaurenConrad.com – Sprinkles on a Stick! Just perfect for when you’re hosting a shower for someone’s second baby. We sprinkled her! For those of you scrambling to put something together for any party, and on a tight budget, this is a great option. It’s simple, delicious and can be made in about 20 minutes!
Sprinkles on a Stick
A tutorial I wanted to share which I mentioned on my Blog-o-versary post in the vlog! 🙂
Here’s what you will need…
- melting chocolate (most grocery stores sell microwaveable dipping chocolate in the produce section)
- kebob skewers, lollipop sticks, or cakepop sticks
- aluminum foil
- Cups for drying
- Melt your chocolate according to the instructions and let it sit for a minute or two to stiff up.
- While its melting, pull out two medium size sheets of aluminum foil and place on the counter. Next, place your cups for drying onto one of the sheets.
- Once the chocolate is ready, dip the end of your skewer into the chocolate and stab your dipped skewer stick into each marshmallow. (see pic)
- Let the chocolate harden. I placed mine on the aluminum foil so clean-up was easier. (see pic) After a few minutes, lightly pull on the marshmallow; if it stays in place, you’re reading for the next steps.
- Take a spoon and grab a spoonful of melted chocolate. Wipe the spoonful onto the top of the marshmallow. Now, using the back of the same spoon, smooth the chocolate around the entire marshmallow. (see pic)
- Over a cup, sprinkle the marshmallow while rotating the skewer in your fingers. (see pic)
- Place your freshly sprinkled stick, with the marshmallow facing up, into your cup. Let chocolate dipped skewers cool. The aluminum foil under the cups allow for any dripping to occur while keeping your counters clean!
Here are a few pictures, as I know I’m a visual learner:
Do not freeze them! It will crack the chocolate. I learned this the hard way!!
For a pretty presentation, I filled two mugs half full with popcorn kernals. You can use seashells, dry rice, confetti, pebbles, coffee beans, really anything will work!! Stick the skewers into the cup. Tie a bow, or tape a cute embellishment onto the cup… and voila—you have a Martha Stewart worthy treat to share for any party!
If you’re a newbie here, welcome!