Yesterday, it finally hit over 80 degrees in Massachusetts. So I had to celebrate! With Pink Lemonade.
However, not just any Pink Lemonade. Old Fashioned Pink Lemonade!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of cranberries, juiced
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- Make a “simple syrup” by heating sugar and 1 cup of the water in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Juice 1 cup of cranberries using your food processor. Strain.
- Juice 2 large lemons. Strain.
- Stir together the simple syrup, your homemade cranberry juice, and homemade lemon juice. Chill for an hour. You now have Pink Lemonade concentrate!
- To make it a lemonade drink, just add 1 cup of your concentrate to 2 cups of cold water.
- Garnish with a fun straw, glass jar, and fresh fruit!
Some may cheat and use cranberry juice and lemonade or lemon juice. However, I prefer this method to ensure there’s absolutely no artificial sweeteners or colors in my body! Something I’ve been very particular about since it tends to put my body in an arthritis flare.