Several years ago I started a series called “Date Night” which started after creating a Date Night Package for Mr. P. It was so successful, I shared our stories here on this blog and we’ve continued it for years.
So, what is a Date Night Package? Well it’s creating pre-planned, (mostly) pre-paid date, once a month each labeled with a month of the year. I started this because I was sick of the question “What do you want to do tonight?” or “When are we going on a date?” and the answer always being “I don’t know”. I also got sick of Home Depot and pizza becoming our “thing”. I wanted more, so I put on my big girl pants and took charge. By creating a Date Night Package ensured Mr. P and I were getting out of the house to create some fabulous memories together.
Sound familiar? Welcome to the club.😉
Now, I’ve made it super simple for you. Not only do you get each month labeled in a pretty font, I’m also providing 20 different date nights that correspond with a season.
If you have any issues downloading, try right clicking (command-click on a mac) on the download button and saving directly to your computer. Each printable page is designed to print at 8.5 by 11 inches. For best results, set your printer quality settings to “high”, print onto good quality, thick white card stock, and cut out with an x-acto knife with a ruler and a cutting board.
LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
Here are some of my favorite dates we’ve experienced, so far:
- July 2011- Mr. P’s Birthday!
- August 2011- Wetsuit Fun!
- September 2011- Movie Night!
- October 2011- Trick Or Treat!
- November 2011- Lions, Tigers, and Bears!
- December 2011- Magnificent Lights
- January 2012 & February 2012 – Oh ya, date night…
- February 2014 – Wine Expo
- March 2014 – A Peachy Wedding!
- April 2014 – Italy
- May 2014 – Gondola Ride
- June 2014 – A hike!
- July 2014 – Mini Golf!
- August 2014 – Lobstah
- September 2014 – Apple Picking
KEYS TO CREATING A SUCCESSFUL PACKAGE:
- Keep him AND you in mind. Although going shopping for new shoes would be exciting for me, and Mr. P wouldn’t mind going per say, that’s not really creating new memories.
- Look to the past for ideas! What did you like doing when you were first dating? Before the kids/fur-babies? Was it having a beer at a local pub? Going to the Zoo? Think back and think deep.
- Look at Groupon, LivingSocial, HomeRun,WeeklyPlus and whatever coupon deal sites you can find for the best interactive ideas and savings! Using these sites were exactly how we were able to go White Water Rafting in August. Otherwise, we wouldn’t of, because quite frankly, we’re on a tight budget.
- Don’t be afraid to keep it simple. I mean, I kept movie night really simple, and it was one of our favorite dates.
Honestly…if you need help or have questions or want to ask me whatever, please do. You can email me at email@example.com and I will try to help you in any way I can! I know its really nice having someone who is going through it (or went through it) and knows how hard it is to come up with ideas.